New Wild Betta Area

Dino47

Hi livulik,
thank you for this new area. I don`t know how much members are Wild Betta fans, but I mean this beautI iful and interestings forms get a lot of fans in the future. Not all Wild Betta are fishes for starter.
But when you have enough informations, what they need and like.. You have a lot of fun with this
wild forms. I am a great fan of Wild Betta, and in my betta history a breed a lot of them.
I hope we have a good conservation here with a lot of informations for all. ;D

Bye
Axel!
dumi

Hello! Personally, I like very much wild Betta, even though I have not even one. In Romania, there are very few people who own it. I hope that number to grow in future.
Dino47

Hi dumi,
that is true. Now in Germany, it is exactly so.  Many people do not know anything about wild betta formst, or not likethem, because they are mean they are not beautiful and interesting.  They cause insignificant.  Moreover one gets it in pet shops very rarely.  Since years we have special wild form communities with stock lists, were you can change wild betta or find rare types.
snakefishmike
Administrator
Administrator

Dino47 scrie: I don`t know how much members are Wild Betta fans, but I mean this beautI iful and interestings forms get a lot of fans in the future.
I am one of them  :) . I love wild forms from the splendens group . Well ... my dream is one pair of wild caught betta macrostoma  :)
Membru IBC
CataOlo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Betta Simplex ... I'm dreaming ...  ::)

I have quite recently discovered my passion for wild types. Therefore, I have Killifish - Gardneri, in deed, but that's what I found in Sibiu. So a Simplex Betta would be a great addition!  ;D
Ultima oară modificat 19 Mai 2010 20:03 de către CataOlo, modificat 1 dată în total.
Alergie la prostie ...
_______
Allergy to stupidity ...
dumi

From those described by you, I like more Betta stiktos   ::)
Dino47

Hello snakeheadmike,
yes betta macrostoma is a very beautiful mouthbreeder. But it is not easy to bread him. 2008 I catched in Malaysia Betta macrostoma. And I have one other from a other location. The same form but different colours. I will show you the next time, and give my informations for this betta form.

@ Cata
Yes betta simplex is a beautiful betta. but there are a lot of great wild betta. I will show you a lot of them in the future. ;)

@dumi
I understand you. He is beautiful. But wait what you see in the future. ;D
dumi

I can not wait to see what you will delight our eyes  :D
white_betta

hi Dino
I'm one of wild type betta lover..especially mouth breeders.
Unfortunately I don't added yet wild type bettas in my small fishroom...
snakefishmike
Administrator
Administrator

Dino47 scrie: Hello snakeheadmike,
yes betta macrostoma is a very beautiful mouthbreeder. But it is not easy to bread him.
I know  :)
Until now passed away in my fishroom same betta tussyae , betta smaragdina , betta imbelis and betta mahachay . . I tried to breed , without results , betta mahachay . In fact they spawn for 6 or 7 times , but after one week all the fry died . I still have the pair  ;D but they are very old  :) .
I mixed mahachay male with a red CT female and I obtain many fertile hybrids . They are very beautiful and I try to create myself line with part of them  :) .
Ultima oară modificat 19 Mai 2010 21:23 de către snakefishmike, modificat 1 dată în total.
Membru IBC
CataOlo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dino47 scrie:
@ Cata
Yes betta simplex is a beautiful betta. but there are a lot of great wild betta. I will show you a lot of them in the future. ;)
You promise ...??? And, seing pictures of wild Betta, maybe I'll start tank number ... 4 ??? 5 ??? ;D
Alergie la prostie ...
_______
Allergy to stupidity ...
Dino47

Hi Cata,
I hope you have a big house for all tanks? ;D The problem is the same like Betta splendens breeding forms. You start wit One and get more and more. ;)
CataOlo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well ... that's the problem - I don't have my own house! So I try to keep the number of tanks under control ... for the moment.

I have 3 already - one with Paracheirodon innesi, Brachydanio rerio, corydoras and Hyphessobrycon flammeus; the second one is with baby Gardners; and the third one is waiting for a Betta and some light  ;D
Alergie la prostie ...
_______
Allergy to stupidity ...
Scrie răspuns