Betta stiktos

Dino47

Hello together,
Now I wanted to introduce you also once one wild Betta spawning.  Betta stiktos is belonged a wildly Betta of that to the Betta splendens form group.  It occurs specially in the boundary zone Thailand Cambodia. The last time which I spawned them are 3 weeks ago. I got 46 juvelines of them.
Here you see a male and how he build a bubble nest.

Acum vreau sa va arat inca un tip nou de Betta salbatic cum depune. Betta Stikos face parte din grupul salbatic de Betta din care face parte si Betta splendens. Se gaseste in special in zona de granita dintre Thailanda si Cambodgia. Ultima oara cand au depus a fost acum 3 saptamani. Am 46 de juvenili de la ei.
Mai jos sunt masculul si constructia cuibului de spuma.

Imagine

Imagine
Ultima oară modificat 17 Mai 2010 20:48 de către CataOlo, modificat 1 dată în total.
dumi

Looks great! Where did you buy from ? Can you tell us what price have you paid?
Another thing, did you try a cross with betta splendens?
Dino47

Hi dumi,
I caught the first Betta stiktos self 2009 in Cambodia.  The shown Betta are my F3 generation whereby I got new stiktos to the blood refreshing from other Stiktos fans.  In Germany, they are not spread so far.  An intersection with Betta splendens is not possible because of the Genetic factor is different, and juvelines will died. And I cross no wildforms becaus I will save the Wild Forms. A lot of them will lost in the future.

Bye
Axel
Member EHBBC & IGL 
dumi

Did you try such a crossing and you didn't have success or you talk just in terms of theory ... however, if you have the opportunity perhaps you can send us a few pairs  ::)
For everyone: sorry for my english, I hope that I don't make too many mistakes...and more than that, I hope you understain what I want to say...

Edited by Cata: You're joking ??? Relax! I wanted to correct your post, but I honestly did not have what to correct!
Ultima oară modificat 17 Mai 2010 20:49 de către CataOlo, modificat 1 dată în total.
Dino47

Hi dumi,
thanks for your interest. This juvelines are in reservation for other stiktos fans. But I will see, when I make a new spawn, I will see that I can sent you a pair. Or we see us next year on the first Rumanian Betta show, and I take youngsters with me.
livulik
Administrator
Administrator

God hear you!  ;)
"Doar când ultimul copac a murit, ultimul râu a fost otrăvit şi ultimul peşte a fost prins, ne vom da seama că nu putem mânca bani!"
member of EHBBC si IBC
robertino

We will do our best to make this happen! ;)
Dino47

Hi together,
I will give you more informations about Betta stiktos.

Housing 
Betta stiktos can be housed in pairs, species tanks, and community tanks.  Pairs can be housed in a 10 gallon tank, groups should be housed in a 30 gallon tank or larger.  Pairs should be given cover such as caves and plants.  In a pair or species situation it is possible that fry could be discovered in the tanks.  For best results remove a pair to a breeding tank with little to no filtration.

Water Conditions
Not critical, stiktos is very tolerant of water chemistry and thrives in almost any type of water as long as it is clean and well filtered.  They should be kept at mid 70s to low 80s F.

Sexing
Males are more intensely colored and might have longer fins while the females will be a browner in color however females should display an ovipositor or egg tube.
Reproduction

Stiktos is a surface bubblenester however the male may make a nest under objects on the surface of the water.  Males normally initiate spawning and entice females to the nest for spawning.

Hope I can help with this informations.
Scrie răspuns