Betta edithae

Dino47

Hello together,
here I show you the last wild betta which I catched last year on my trip to Indonesia include Borneo and Sulawesi.

pair Betta edithae
Imagine

female (background) slip the eggs to the male
Imagine

Origin: Indonesia; South-Borneo(Kalimantan), Bangka, Bintan, Kubu, and Sumatra(Palembang), where the fish occur in forest swamps close to the river bank.

Etymology: Named after Edith Korthaus.

Description: male have mor coöour.

Care: The fish require a large tank, 80 cm minimum, since they tend to be shy if kept in smaller tanks. Provide the fish with some hideouts created with driftwood or similar, and some planted regions in the back of the tank. Shaded areas created with floating plants or by tempered light are necessary, as well as a tight tank cover. Dark soil and slightly acidic water are not really necessary, but increase the well being of the animals, and bring out the coloration. Frequent waterchanges since some forms are very susceptible to waterquality, and easily contract diseases(especially fungus and oodinium) if kept in dirty water.

Temperature: 23-26 degrees.

Feeding: Will eat all food they can master, including flake food.

Betta edithae, juvenile 3.5 cmBetta edithae juvenileSize:6.5 cm

pH: 6.5-7.5

Breeding:Mouthbreeder, will spawn in community tank, which actually works better than keeping a pair separated in a breeding tank. After a male with eggs is spotted it can be caught and transferred to a breeding tank filled with water from the community tank. After 9-12 days the fry are released by the father, after which it's better to remove him. Up to 125 fry are possible. My firs spawn had only 23 flys.
Ultima oară modificat 20 Mai 2010 20:19 de către Dino47, modificat 1 dată în total.
snakefishmike
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry Axel , but ... please ... in English  :)
Membru IBC
Dino47

Hi,
sorry after i modifiy the thread it was in german. I don`t knwo whats happend. I translate it one more time,
than you get the english version. SORRY
CataOlo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

niice ones!
Alergie la prostie ...
_______
Allergy to stupidity ...
Scrie răspuns